- are written to be a cheat-sheet/primer to transition you as quickly to writing your first app and learning 'on the job'
- provide original content plus 'curated' links to the enormous body of documentation from Microsoft, Nokia etc.
- lead towards Microsoft's 'How to create a local database app with MVVM for Windows Phone' walkthrough
- are for people who know a bit about object-orientated programming but have not programmed much in a Microsoft or Windows Phone environment
- are written for people with the limited capabilities of the free developer tools
- make many decisions for you to get you up to speed as quickly as possible. Later when you are more confident you may decide a different route
- only cover 2D Silverlight apps. For writing 3D apps, see XNA development on Windows Phone
- are now available offline
Now you should be able to fully understand the 'How to create a local database app with MVVM for Windows Phone' walkthrough
Where from here?
At this point you should be ready to write your app and learn 'on the job'. Streamlined howtos for particular programming tasks (e.g. using GPS) are found at the following sites,
- 31 Days of Windows Phone covers all the basic tasks you may need to accomplish in an easily referenceable format
- 31 days of Mango covers more particular tasks that were introduced in Windows Phone v.7.5
- 21 days of Metro design covers all the design questions you may have
- The new, minimal, official Windows Phone Development Docs
- Any feedback, contact email@example.com